Beans? Brownies? The answer is yes. Using black beans in this recipe gives the brownies added moisture and a nice dose of fiber. And they are rich and delicious!
Try this recipe and find out for yourself!
1 (15 oz) can black beans
4 Tbsp (2 oz) butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 (2.25 oz) package baby food prunes
2 cups sugar
3 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup cocoa
• Rinse beans THOROUGHLY and shake off water.
• Process beans and one egg in a food processor until the mixture is extremely smooth.
• Melt the butter in a mixing bowl.
• To the butter, add bean and egg mixture, the remaining two eggs, vanilla, and baby prunes and mix thoroughly.
• Add sugar, flour, and cocoa. Bake in 9” x 13” pan for approximately 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.